Human Resource Webinars
Over several months this fall and winter, five Human Resource webinars will be offered, to assist EBMDA members in Best Practices in HR. Mike Haberman, who has been in the HR field for 30 years, leads these webinars. The focus of the five webinars include:
- How to Conduct an Effective and Legal Interview – Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 2pm – 3pm EST
- Improving Your Chances of Hiring the “Talent” You Need – Tuesday, December 2, 2014 from 2pm – 3pm EST
- Effective and Legal Termination Practices – Tuesday, December 16, 2014 from 2pm – 3pm EST
- How to Conduct an Effective Performance Evaluation – Thursday, January 15, 2015 from 2pm – 3pm EST
- How to Legally Use Background Checks and Avoid the EEOC – Thursday, January 29, 2015 from 2pm to 3 pm EST
For more information and registration, click here.
2015 IDEAS Trade Show will be held at the Valley Forge Casino in King of Prussia, PA, on Wednesday, March 11, 2015. This is the best LBM show in the Mid-Atlantic region. Bring your customers with you, so they can see the latest product line that you carry.
Yet Another Scam
This come to us from Nick Strong, Yard Manager at JC VanDoren Building Materials, in Hopewell, NJ.
On August 7th., 2014. I received a phone call from an alias by the name of “Tim Bradshaw” with a fabricated company by the name of “Trans Arrow” requesting pricing on two units of plywood. Shortly after, I was given an order for this material to be delivered to a “jobsite” in Center City, Philadelphia. The following day, my driver took the materials to the jobsite, where he was handed a check by a women who arrived on a bus and left shortly after. He was then unloaded curbside by a forklift by someone else and he returned to my yard.
When we went to deposit the check, it was returned for being “altered and suspicious.” Upon further investigation it was discovered that the check was completely fraudulent. Not only did the routing number not align with the name on the check, but it did not even match up with the same bank that check had indicated it was from.
For the rest of the scam alert, click here.